Almost 2 million travellers are expected to pass through DXB during holidays
Between 27 December and 2 January, close to 2 million people will pass through Dubai International Airport (DXB).
With friends and families returning home from their holidays, the average daily traffic at DXB will reach 245,000 passengers.
It's estimated that 2 January will be the busiest day with passenger traffic exceeding 257,000.
Dubai Airports has issued a travel alert, urging passengers to plan their trip carefully and follow these travel tips:
- Allow extra time to reach and get through the airport
- If departing from Terminal 1, don’t arrive any earlier than three hours before departure
- Those travelling from Terminal 3 can use Emirates’ early and self-service check-in facilities.
- Use online and self-service options wherever available
- Use the Smart Gates wherever possible
- Weigh luggage at home, check documents in advance and have them to hand for security checks at the airport
- When collecting passengers, use the airport’s designated car parks or valet service to receive guests as access to the arrival forecourt in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 is limited to public transport and authorised vehicles