Country’s ranking attributed to its robust health sector and Covid-19 vaccination campaign
The UAE has been rated as the second-safest country in the world, according to a new report.
The high ranking came in this year’s safety index of 134 countries compiled by Global Finance magazine.
The index takes into account three fundamental factors – war, personal security and risk of natural disasters. And this year, it also includes risk factors related to Covid-19
The world’s top 10 safest countries in 2021 according to the Global Finance index:
- Iceland – read 8 Amazing Expeditions, featuring caving in Iceland
- UAE – the UAE was also named a leader in sustainable tourism
- Qatar – all hotels in Qatar are now hygiene-certified
- Singapore – don’t miss the new Marina Bay Sands
- Finland – find Finland’s best food in the Nordic Michelin Guide
- Norway – try cruising the Fjords
- Denmark – dine at Noma, the world’s best restaurant
- Canada – check out our Toronto guide
- New Zealand – the country is set to reopen to vaccinated visitors in 2022
The UAE’s high ranking can be attributed to its robust health sector and Covid-19 vaccination campaign. The UAE is now among the world’s most-vaccinated nations.
Other Gulf countries were also rated highly. Qatar was ranked 3rd, Bahrain 12th, Kuwait 18th, Saudi Arabia 19th and Oman 25th
Iceland was rated the safest country in the world, with Singapore, Finland, Mongolia, Norway, Denmark, Canada and New Zealand also making the top 10.
Australia narrowly missed the top 10 in 11th place, while other notable rankings included the UK in 38th place and the US in 71st.
Countries including the Philippines, Colombia, Guatemala, Nigeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Mexico, Peru, Yemen and North Macedonia appeared towards the bottom of the list.
Click here for the full list of countries.
Top 10 safest low-cost carriers revealed
Top 10 European destinations for UAE travellers
The world’s top 10 tourist destinations in 2021
UAE, Bahrain and Qatar among top 10 places to live in the world