Selected participants will serve AED10 signature dishes
The annual Dubai Food Festival will take place from 21 April till 7 May 2023. The 17-day event showcases the best the city has to offer in the culinary sector.
Dubai has been strategically positioning itself as a destination for gourmands, adding a culinary pillar to the destination offering as an incentive for hungry travellers.
Dubai's efforts are paying off. The emirate was voted as the fourth Leading Destination for Food Lovers in the Tripadvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2022, illustrating the success of this strategy.
Dubai named among world’s top cities in new ranking
Dubai International ranked among top 10 airports in the world for a layover
Skyscanner reveals winter travel trends for UAE and Saudi Travellers
The Department of Economy and Tourism’s Gastronomy Always On (GAON) initiative focuses entirely on food tourism. A key aspect of this initiative is the Dubai Food Festival.
Highlights of the 10th Dubai Food Festival will include:
- Homegrown culinary heroes in the spotlight at the Etisalat Beach Canteen
- Reasonably priced set menus at 50 top eateries during Dubai Restaurant Week
- Foodie Experiences comprising 100 Masterclasses, chef’s tables and experiential dining
- Selected eateries will be rolling out an affordable AED10 Signature Dish
- Chefs in Town featuring appearances from celebrity chefs from across the world
CEO of Dubai Festivals and Retail Establishment (DFRE), Ahmed Al Khaja commented: “During the last 12 months, we have seen the launch of the inaugural Michelin Guide to Dubai and MENA’s 50 Best Restaurants and a host of other accolades for the city’s home-grown eateries and fine dining institutions.”